Welcome to the Wyoming Peace Officers Association! Since 1923, WPOA is proud to serve as a contributing member of Wyoming’s law enforcement community and bring together agencies from across the state to collaborate on current issues, legislation, training and trends.
Today, WPOA represents hundreds of agencies and thousands of frontline peace officers, detention officers, communications personnel, county coroners, probation and parole agents, game wardens, state correctional officers and animal control officers from across the state as well as criminal justice staff from the Wyoming Attorney General’s Office.
Our mission is to promote better cooperation in all enforcement problems thereby guaranteeing more uniform and better law enforcement to the people of Wyoming.
The Benefits of Membership
The Wyoming Peace Officers Association has been serving the professional needs of those in the field of law enforcement since 1923, and is proud to represent and serve Wyoming’s law enforcement community.
For only $10 a year, some of the benefits of membership with WPOA include:
- A $500 death benefit;
- Discounts on subsidized, law enforcement insurance policies through California Casualty;
- Exclusive access for you and your family to WPOA’s academic scholarship program;
- Discounts on our annual conference and education program registrations;
- Networking with thousands of law enforcement professionals from around Wyoming, providing opportunity to both obtain and share information;
- Complimentary subscription to Wyoming Peace Officer magazine, a quarterly, electronic newsletter and the official publication of WPOA; and,
- A collective voice to represent and address law enforcement concerns before legislative bodies, regulatory agencies and the courts.
Annual Training Conference
Each year, WPOA provides relevant and up-to-date training to law enforcement, legal and public safety professionals throughout the state of Wyoming during its annual membership and training conference.
Unfortunately this year, due to a lack of interest among our membership combined with some unforeseen circumstances beyond our control involving one of our former executive board members, we have reluctantly decided to cancel this year’s membership and training conference.
While we’re frustrated and embarrassed by this situation, remaining members of the current executive board feel that this decision is in the best interest of the association for this year.
We are, however, actively regrouping and setting our sight’s on next year’s conference, and may even be offering the exact same instructor lineup that we were very excited about for this year.
On behalf of the Wyoming Peace Officers Association, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.